I wanted to add apple blossoms to the layout to go with the apples (I know they look like peaches).. I really didn't mind adding a little bit of pink, I think its a nice a contrast color to all the yellow and green.
Here is a close up of the title.. I weaved it through a flouris and added some leaves, which I inked and chalked.
I didn't want to do your regular number 5 on this layout, so I went through the little ACY booklet and seen the hand.. I thought how appropriate for this layout, being he's 5yrs old..
This is just a close up of the apple with the boy cut out.. I cut it using light yellow cards stock which I then inked the edges with orange and rubbed the apple with red and the leaves with green. I also added a little detail with a white gel pen.
- Cricut cart: A Childs Year: Font, apple cut boy cutout, hand and all small apples
- Cricut cart: Storybook: leaves and little blossoms
- Cricut cart: Home Accents: flourish
- Cricut cart: Hello Kitty font: flowers
- papers: K& Co Classi Margo 12x12
- cardstock: pastel green, yellow,white, pink and blue
- Markers: colored in the blossoms-pink and dotted the flowers with yellow and brown
- Tim Holtz distress ink: *Shabby shutters and Walnut stain
- Colorbox inks: orange
- Stamping: flourish behind big apple
- white gel pen: added detail
- green ribbon'
- pop dots
- Cricut design studio: welding of letters