August 3, 2009

Apple Of My Eye

My oldest son Aaron..Guess how old he is in this photo?..LOL I really loved making this layout and it took me one whole day. I did a LOT of inking and chalking, but I love the effect if gave the letters and cuts..
I wanted to add apple blossoms to the layout to go with the apples (I know they look like peaches).. I really didn't mind adding a little bit of pink, I think its a nice a contrast color to all the yellow and green.
Here is a close up of the title.. I weaved it through a flouris and added some leaves, which I inked and chalked.
I didn't want to do your regular number 5 on this layout, so I went through the little ACY booklet and seen the hand.. I thought how appropriate for this layout, being he's 5yrs old..
This is just a close up of the apple with the boy cut out.. I cut it using light yellow cards stock which I then inked the edges with orange and rubbed the apple with red and the leaves with green. I also added a little detail with a white gel pen.

Supplies Used:
  • Cricut cart: A Childs Year: Font, apple cut boy cutout, hand and all small apples
  • Cricut cart: Storybook: leaves and little blossoms
  • Cricut cart: Home Accents: flourish
  • Cricut cart: Hello Kitty font: flowers
  • papers: K& Co Classi Margo 12x12
  • cardstock: pastel green, yellow,white, pink and blue
  • Markers: colored in the blossoms-pink and dotted the flowers with yellow and brown
  • Tim Holtz distress ink: *Shabby shutters and Walnut stain
  • Colorbox inks: orange
  • Stamping: flourish behind big apple
  • white gel pen: added detail
  • green ribbon'
  • pop dots
  • Cricut design studio: welding of letters
Thankyou all for looking.
Cheers

8 comments:

  1. Once again you have amazed me with your talent!!! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! This is stunning! I can't believe all of the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH!!!!! Nanne this is soooo awesome!!!
    It even looks as if you added depth with your papers edges....what did you do curve the edges down?
    Love all the details.....another masterpiece!!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Nanne...your talent is neverending...love all the little highlights and details you place on your cuts to give them sooo much depth...such an artist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanne ...you are sooooooo talented girl!
    I just love evrything about this . I love your style of scrapping , I can't do anything near as good as this...WOW
    Big Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nanne, this is wonderful. I'm like Brenda .. wondering how the papers look curved down. Wow, I just don't know how you keep cranking 'em out .. so much talent, GF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nanne I am speachless this is soooooo fantastic. I would love to be able to do a layout like this, I start out with good intentions but just don't get there.

    Hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh this is wonderful....i LUV the apples and blossums! just looks amazing...you know the hand for 5..such a good idea. my oldest turns 5 on the 14th! might need to borrow that idea

    ReplyDelete