July 31, 2009

My Beautiful Gentle Giant.

This is my dog Uuphoo..I didn't name her!!..LOL She was such a sweetheart.. she passed away in the fall of 2004 a week after I lost my grand mother.. It was a tough month that month.. She lived to be almost 10 yrs. The vet said that she had lived a good long life..I had to make the dreadful decision to have her put down. Her stomach had flipped and she was agony.. The vet said that I had made the right choice.. I miss her dearly..
Here's close up her beautiful face..she was so soft.. and didn't drool at all, ever..
my BFF had made a bandana for her with sunflower print fabric, so thats where I got the sunflowers from, plus I thought that sunflowers are big and beautiful, just like she was..
I love this photo of her.. we were all sledding and we had to tie her up cause we were afraid she would get run over..she wasn't very happy about it.. she wanted to play along with all the kids..
The title to the page.. "Gentle giant!"..cause thats what she was.. her bark was definitely worse than her bite..
I added lady bugs, cause she was such a prima lady and snails cause she was never in a hurry..
I never hand journal cause I never know what to say.. but, this time I did want to add a little bit me into this layout. She was my beautiful girl..

supplies used:
  • Cricut cart: Walk In My Garden: sunflowers (2", 2.5" and 3"), small leaves are from the stems of the sunflowers, big leaves 1.5", snail 1", ladybugs 1"
  • Cricut cart: Opposites Attract: title "Gentle Giant!"
  • Cricut cart: George and Basic Shapes: Heart Silhoutte
  • Papers: DCWV Old world Stack-Brown and Green
  • cardstock: Brown, cream, olive green, red, orange,yellow
  • Stickles: red, yellow and black
  • Chatter Box Doodle Genie: swirl dots
  • Wire: green swirls
  • pop dots, glue dots and zip two way glue stick
  • Tim Holtz distress ink: Black
  • inking: Brown and black
  • chalk: black, orange, dark green
thank you all for looking..

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful old girl. The layout is fitting, it is beautiful! I'm so sorry for your loss. I love my furbabies with all my heart and even though they're both young, I dread the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her so much all over again! I LOVE the sunflowers! My favorite flower too! This is such a scha-weeeet layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanne this is beautiful and what a gorgeous dog she was. Love all the sunflowers.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nanne
    This layout is just awesome!!!!
    She was such a BEAUTIFUL GIRL...loved alot no doubt!
    Big Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks like she was wonderful..of all the doggies I grew up with I still remember that one, which passed not far from yours. Still miss her!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nanne this is such a beautiful tribute for your fur baby!! Sooo beautifly done!
    I love all the inking and chaulking you did!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete