May 28, 2010

Make A Wish-SOUS



I'm so delighted its Friday again.. I couldn't wait to post this cute little layout I put together for our weekly sketch over at SOUS (stuck on U sketches).
I adore those cute little paper pieced teddy bears and have been trying to come up with own design for one..I think SHE turned pretty darn cute..LOL
I also found a great tutorial on hand made roses and if you wish to check her blog out, please do!! she also has a great tute on edge distressing.. Just click HERE

So here is the sketch we were to follow this week.. its a beautiful sketch by Beggahuna..


I put the title up on the left hand corner instead of the bottom.. I felt like the layout was missing something having that empty corner..LOL

and now for some close ups:











For supplies Used:

Cricut cartridges:
Plantin Schoolbook: Hearts (for roses)
Graphically speaking : Small flowers, swirls
A Childs Year: Leaves
All Mixed Up: Title font
George and Basic Shapes: bear pieces and flower centers
Indie Art: Clouds
Sentimentals: Butterfly wings
Paper Doll Dress Up: bows on bear
papers by : K&Co (linen closet stack)
cardstock: light blue, green, tan, white, black, peach and tan

Glimmer mist: green (leaves)
stickles: baby blue and white

Cuttlebug
embossing folder: Distressed Stripes
Tim Holtz distress inks: Broken China, old Paper and Walnut Stain
pop dots, glue dots and zig glue pen
white gel pen for hand doodling
white ribbon
blue metallic wire

I hope I remember everything.. 
Thank you all so much for looking and hope you get a minute to stop by SOUS and see what everyone has been up to..
Hugs
Nanné



13 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet layout Nanne! The bear is adorable! Your flowers are beautiful. Love the glitter around the petals. Such a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how sweet this is...I love the bear so adorable. All the details are stunning like usual. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh how cute are those bears!!! And I loveeee your roses! I made one I fell in love with yesterday but I will defiantely check this how to out as well...anything I can do to save some money on those gorgeous flowers!!! This is a precious LO and I am luvin the sketch as well...hopefully I will get time to play along with ya'll on this one...seems like forever since I joined ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you made the three background pictures be one split picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanne...wow my friend...this is lovely....wonderful papers and photos...love those thoughtful eyes on the precious bears...and the flowers are to die for....fantastic work with the gorgeous sketch!!! u rock gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nanne, SHE is adorable!!! You did a fantastic job putting her together and those big eyes are gorgeous!!! And about those roses!! OMG gf, those are GORGEOUS, and you did a fantastic job on 'em, luv the stickles and distressing!!! I'm going to have to try those out, thanks for sharing the tutorial!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty LO! love your bear, he's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nanne, fab take on this week's sketch. Glad to see your little girl bears! Cute cute. Fab roses and love Tina's tute. All around great page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nanne... this LO is sooo dreamy!! I love your soft colors and your flowers are just yummy!!!! You are the queen of shading and making the perfect embellies for your pages!! You rocked this sketch!!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love you colors and beautiful layout overall, great job.
    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. Love your flowers as always! And love how you have divided up the picture...a great idea in this sketch! BTW...I first read your title as Make Amish... was wondering a little bit about that LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute layout, the bear turned out really well, so cute. Love the roses and the papers are perfect.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete