May 9, 2010

Mothers Day card

Hope everyone is having a great Mothers Day today.
My mom is picking me up today and we are going to take some pink roses to my grand mothers resting place and then heading out to my brothers for some cake and coffee..
I don't really make cards unless I have a need for one and well, today being Mothers Day I spent a few hours this morning making this card for my mom.  Oh, and I bought her some pink roses as well.. :O)


 I won't take credit for the idea behind the card, even though I designed it..
I went google hopping this morning trying to find some card ideas and found a card that was made similar to this one.. I really like the layering and wanted to follow that pattern..


Supplies Used:

Cricut cartridges:
Walk in My Garden: vase, flowers, stems and leaves
Songbird: Title "mother"
George and Basic Shapes: Welded Squares.
Design Studio software for welding
"all cuts are welded to the card base!"

Papers: Bo Bunny "Kitchen Spice line"
Cardstock: Cream and green
gold dots
forest green glimmer mist-title

white gel pen for stitching
zig fine tip black marker for journaling
Tim Holtz distress ink: Old paper

Thank you Ladies so much for looking and I hope you all have the best Mothers Day today.
Hugs
Nanné

8 comments:

  1. Awww... what a lovely card!! Love the sentiment!! And more of your own handwriting... way to go!! it looks fabulous!! Happy Mothers Day!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Nanne. Love the flowers with the gold stone. Hope you had a splendid day. Mine has been great ... and in a little while we're having strawberry shortcake with whipped cream! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Happy Mother's Day my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous Nanne...this card and the wonderful layout of your DD for the SOUS challenge this week...both are just beautifully done in a style that only you can create.....I love all the flowers and the distressed feel of your bloom and grow layout and love the placement of the title...you done good girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Nanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nanne!!! Beautiful card!! I love all of the gold dots!! Happy belated Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so far behind on following my blogs this week! Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day! Beautiful card you made for your mother, something I know she will treasure!

    ReplyDelete