May 14, 2010

Cute As A Button-SOUS




 TGIF everyone..
Stuck on U Sketches is having its weekly reveal again today and this is my take on this weeks challenge..Our Challenge was to use Buttons on a layout and I made my own using my cricut.. 
*Is there anything that machine can't do?..LOL

Here are some close ups of the layout:


 My youngest son Adam when he was about 4 months old.. He was a big boy!!


 Close up of the title.. wasn't exactly sure what colors to use, but I think the brown came out pretty cute..
I had actually placed the A´s upside down by accident and my son came in and told me to fix em..LOL
See, they do care..  :O)


 I wanted a patched look to the dye cuts and so cut little squares and inked the edges, added some small dots on the four corners with a fine tip marker and then added some fake stitching.


 I used my cuttlebug and the Tiny Mosaic folder to emboss the giraffe, I think it came out great.. I'm so loving my new cuttlebug..  :O)  Thnx again Sabrina..<3


Supplies Used:

Cricut cartridges:
George and Basic Shapes: circles for buttons, photo corners and big background circle
Pooh Font: Title
New arrival: Giraffe, plane, ducky, truck, sail boat and outfit.

Cuttlebug for embossing
Tiny Mosaic folder

Papers: Heidi Grace Designs- Baby boy
cardstock: brown, dark brown, yellow, white, blue and light blue

twine: white and blue
Zig fine tip black marker for doodling and stitching
white gel pen for doodling and stitching
pop dots, glue dots and glue pen
Googly eyes

That about does it again for today.  I hope you get a minute or two to stop by SOUS and check out what the other design team members have created with their buttons..
Thank you all so much for stopping and taking a look..
Hugs
Nanné

16 comments:

  1. I just LOOOOVE this layout! You can just tell how much time went into this layout. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nanne....I adore this precious layout. So cute....and such a great layout sketch for many different themes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet layout, Nanne!!! And what a cutie Adam was!!! Your embellies are amazing and just perfect!!! Beautiful job!! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is soooo adorable! You did a excellent, excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I adore every detail on this layout--it is all so fantastic! Love those hand made buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty layout and love the patchwork idea and the embossing on the giraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waz Up!
    Popping by to see some more detail of this page and I adore it! Love what you did w/ the title, the brown and yellow...
    all of this is just great (love the color scheme and pp!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combo and the patchwork squares. ADORABLE layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Nanne, this is so beautiful...stunning. I love the patchwork squares. You did a fantastic job...Love the colors you chose and the pics are adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nanne, just love this one. The patchwork idea is great and I'm going to have to scraplift that one soon. Adorable cuts ... I've put off buying this cart too since one of my friends has it but ... may have to go shopping for one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nanne... this is the sweetest little page ever!! I love the quilt look... and all those adorable embellies.... and the way you used the button in the title!! This is fabulous!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another winner Nanne! Love the color choices. As always your eye for detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nanne this is way too cute! I really love the patchwork look and the buttons are amazing. The colours are just fab as always.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nanne! your giraffe is adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nanne, I LOVE this page!! It is just adorable! I think it is one of my favorite pages ever!!

    ReplyDelete