July 24, 2012

Card Creative Tuesday with MCCR-DT post




Today is my first design team post MCCR and I designed a FISH themed card for the Project Sunshine and Smiles, cards for a cause..  
 All of the cards will be sent to a children's hospital to bring smiles onto those little faces..



and so with that said, here is the card I created:


I designed the card with CCR and then printed and cut the images using my Cricut Imagine.. I love creating little scenes on my projects and since we were to use FISH on our card, what better than a cute little under water scene :)
I used my George and Basic shapes cartridges to create the base of the card.. the base measures 4.75" x 6.75", which I then colored in blue, using my imagines Lori's Garden cartridge.. I then cut another rectangle measuring 4.5" x 6.5" and filled that in with the blue stripped image (before cutting of course) also from the Lori's Garden cartridge, this way I got all of the colors and prints to coordinate..


If I remember correctly, the little fish are cut 2" and are located on the Create-A-Critter cartridge.. the little word blurb is on the Imagine basics that comes with the Imagine. The font for the title FISH is from Plantin Schoolbook and I cut it really small at 0.75.. The prints and colors are all on the Imagine cartridge: Lori's Garden which is the imagine cartridge I used for this card.. I also added some drops of liquid pearls and then  drops of glossy accents to represent bubbles in the water..


The shell and starfish are also from the Create-a-Critter cartridge..both were cut at 2" as well, if I remember correctly.. I really should try to remember to write the sizes down next time..sorry about that..
The greenery and seaweeds are also on the Create-a-Critter and I used the cloud cut and made a big green rock with it instead, filling it in with the green print before cutting..always gotta think outside of the box..LOL  small added details with liquid pearls and glossy accents..

Here you can see all of the dimension on this card.. 
I foam taped everything, which is one of my favorite techniques..


 I first glued down the shadow cut (brown) flat onto the card and then foam taped the green rock to that, tucking under some of the seaweed.. I have a tendency to never glue the entire die cut down, just a piece of it :)

oh and for the inside of the card, which I designed on CCR as well.. I used the Print only option on the Cricut imagine, so it printed the image onto white cardstock without cutting it.. love that feature by the way..

So, the sentiment is : "Fish, You were feeling better!".. 

as for the supplies I used to create this card:

Cricut Imagine printer and die cutter

Cricut Craftroom free design software

Cricut Imagine cartridge: Lori's Garden
(prints and colors)

Cricut Imagine Basics:
word blurb

Regular Cricut cartridges:

George and Basic Shapes:
rectangles for the base of the card

Create-a-Critter:
fish, shell, starfish, seaweed, greenery and rock(cloud)

Plantin Schoolbook:
font

liquid pearl and glossy accents
foam tape
zig two way glue (fine tip)

Well ladies.. whew!! that was a lot to remember and write down..LOL  I hope you like my card as much as I do and I hope it puts a big smile on someones face.. 
I want to thank you for stopping by and do stop by My Cricut Craft Room to check out what amazing projects the rest of the Design Team has created for you..

hugs
 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a cute card, and such a great cause. Im going to check out the details, hopefully I can help out:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a cheery card and I know it is going to make a child smile!
    Great first post! Welcome to the team!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! Love your fish!
    L.B.
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card Nanne! I think the children will just love it. I really love all the accents with the liquid pearls and glossy accents. It really adds great dimension.
    Welcome to the team, looking forward to crafting with you. Im now a new follower and cant wait to see what you will be crafting next.
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your design! The fishes are super cute and the sentiment is just perfect. Great job for your first post as DT Member.

    Nadja, MCCR DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! It makes me smile. I wish I could pick one thing that I love in your card, BUT I love the whole thing!!!

    Tess
    MCCR DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, I'm sure the child that gets it will love it.

    MCCR DT, Lisa Ch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your work, Nanne. Love that you were part of the MCCR blog hop and am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete