In Finland school starts when you are 7 yrs old. He is 9 yrs old in this photo, he got held back one year cause his Finnish wasn't good enough for them to allow him to advance up to the 3rd grade. He had a real hard time learning how to understand the finnish language..
Here's a close up of him and of the title.. I used SCAL to cut the title.. I love font possibilities with SCAL, you are not limited to just a few fonts.. I wanted the title to look like a childs handwriting, I think I succeeded..LOL
I wanted a welcoming feeling to this school layout, so I added a teacher standing waiting for her students. I love dressing these little characters on the cartridges.. she is from My Community cartridge.
I tried taking a good photo of the school building I put together last night.. it took a while trying to figure out the layers, but I think I did a good job..LOL
I also added the trees losing their leaves to represent Autumn.. which is when schools starts..LOL
I love love love this little school bus on the My Community cartridge.. I had so much fun putting it together..
I hand doodled all over this layout, adding what looks likes like stitching.. but I really like the way it all ended up looking..
- Cricut cart: My Community (school bus, school building, fence, teacher, trees, road, stop sign)
- Cricut cart: Accent Essentials (leaves)
- Cricut cart: Locker Talk (2nd grade and A+'s)
- SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) for the title
- Papers: DCWV The Grade School Stack
- Cardstock: light blue, black, red, green, orange, yellow, brown,white
- zig black pen- acid and linguin free
- pop dots
- zig two way glue
- chrome mini brad
- white gel pen-doodling
- yellow ribbon
Cheers and warmest hugs