This is his school pic from this year.. He gave it to me the day before yesterday.. I just couldn't wait to get started on it..
I have a hard time embellishing boy layouts and didn't want to over do it with this one.. I love just the stars and keys.. and the blue goes great with what he is wearing in the photo.
Here's a close up of the title.. I just welded all of the letters together and then cut it.. this using the A Childs Year Cartridge.
I rolled the end corner of the top paper and punched holes and then threaded some light blue lace through it.. I also added a tag of his name and the date of the photo.
I used some grunge board keys I had in my stash.. Used some Tim Holtz distressing ink on them and then glued them to the layout.. These keys represent all the possibilities that will open up in his life once he finishes school.. Doors opening, etc..
- Cricut Cart: A child Year: Title
- Cricut cart: Home Decor: stars and flourish
- Cricut cart: Graphically Speaking: arrow
- Cricut cart: tags, bags and boxes: tag
- Papers: Fancy Pants designs: Papa
- Cardstock: Black, yellow and light blue
- Tim Holtz distressing ink: blue denim, old paper and walnut stain
- light blue lace ribbon
- pop dots
- black button
- holes made with "Crop a dile"