June 11, 2009

Stars of a different kind..

I have been wanting to post this for the longest time and just kept forgetting..but today I was making these for some ATC cards and decided to take pics as I was making them.. quick and easy..
I have more of these stars on my "RUSTIC"layout..
Here's a quick tutorial on how I made my 3d decorative stars.. I used the George cart star.. you can cut any size..
  • Just cut any size star- I used the cut on my George and Basic shapes cart.
start by folding all sides like this.. then push in the shorter side..and give the longer tips a quick strong crease..

once you have all the sides folded, just push in the short sides .. and there you have it..your star is finished.. you can cut it with any paper and any size.. for more dramatic aged effect, distress the creases and then file them down.. These are great for wall hangings as well.. Or black chalk in the creases for more debt..

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is easy, but I never would have thought of it on my own. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete