August 3, 2016

8x8 Explore Mixed Media canvas- CE daily

Hi fellow crafters.. I'm here to share a fun reverse canvas I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments using some of my favorite G45 papers and of course Creative Embellishment chippies.. 
I wanted to add lots of dimension to my canvas, so I used the back of it instead of the front..  I used the 8x8 On the Boardwalk paper stack by Graphic 45 for the background of my canvas, adding some fabric tape by Tim Holtz.
IMG_9315
Most of the chipboard pieces I gessoed with Heavy white gesso, once the gesso was dry, I then colored them using my Copic markers.. Which created that stained look, which I really liked.. it was almost like a happy accident, since I wasn't exactly sure what to expect using my Copics..
IMG_9319
Here you get a better view of the stained looked of the copics on top of Gesso.. absolutely love it..
IMG_9317
The fish net I colored with different tones of Grey markers and for the title, I used different tones of Orange's and browns to create the colors on that, I then added some white paint by dry brushing it to the chippies to highlight bits and pieces..
IMG_9318
For the waves, after using my copics, I added some texture paste to the tips to add that "waves crashing onto the shore" look :)   
IMG_9321
and the anchor suffers from rust, since it's been sitting at the bottom of the ocean for all of these years...  I used Prima's  Art Extra-vangance rust paste set to create that amazing look of rust.

Thank you for stopping by today.. Till next time..
hugs
Nanné
Here are the chippies I used to create my Beach themed canvas:
seaweed 2-800x800
seashells-800x800
nautical-anchor-97-800x800
picket-fence-400-800x800
wave-border-3-685-800x800

1 comment:

  1. So GORGEOUS!!!! I love all the amazing elements and details!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete