January 13, 2012

Winter Fun die cut challenge- SOUS

Thank god its Friday, can I get an amen ladies?..LOL
Winter has hit hard this week and I'm just glad I got to stay inside in the warmth and scrap...
Us ladies over at Stuck On U Sketches are having our die cut reveal today and this time we chose a theme instead of a cut.. Our theme for this week is "WINTER FUN!".. you can interpret it in anyway you wish and this challenge is always open to all projects..so, please share them with us, we want to see what you can create.. Just click the link at the bottom of my post and you will be re-directed to Stuck On U Sketches..
aaaaand we have a sponsor for this month.. Its Stephanie from Whimsical Designs and she is sponsoring her stamp collection.. You can check that out by clicking her button below:




But before I forget, here is my take on this weeks die cut challenge:

The layout is of my son Aaron when he was just a young guy who liked to play ice hockey a the ice field that the city sets up every winter just behind our house. I was lucky enough to get a few photos of him.. My camera back then wasn't anything to brag about, that's for sure..LOL
and for a few close ups:
I embossed the little steam swirls with the Victoria embossing folder.

I cut the scarf from the winter woodland cart, I actually cut the scarf in two pieces, tucking the ends under the photo mat making it look like its wrapped around it.. clever I think...LOL
the mittens and cup of hot chocolate that I'm sure my son had once he came back in from the cold all rosey cheeked, I miss those days :(

alrighty and as for the list of supplies I used to create this layout:

Cricut Design Studio Software for the design of the layout

Cricut Imagine
Cricut Imagine Cartridge: 
Lori's Garden for the paper prints and color palette

*all of the colors and background prints on this layout have been printed on white cardstock using the imagine cartridge Lori's Garden!

Cricut cartridges: 

George and Basic Shapes: photo mat
Winter Woodland: Mittens, scarf and large snowflakes
Christmas Cheer: Mug
Pooh and Friends: Hat
Winter Frolic: Title "Baby, its cold outside!"

cardstock: White

Cuttlebug
Victoria Embossing folder
Ranger distress ink: Vintage photo
white gel pen
prima E-line pearl halves
white Liquid pearl.
pop dots
edge distresser
black marker


Well my fellow scrappers.. That about does it again for me for this Friday...
Hope you get a chance to stop by Stuck On U Sketches and check out what our amazing DT have been up to.. They really are an awesomely talented bunch of crafters..


12 comments:

  1. oooooooo love the die cuts...this is just so gorgeous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shona .. the die cuts are fabulous & really highlight the photo !!! terrific !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Everything about this it is out of this world! I love the cuts, colors, EVERYTHING! Fabulous job as always!! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I live the big hat and the mittens. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my ms Nanne, I love this . Great colors and always nice layout!
    I really gotta get back to using my Imagine....every time I see something you make with it I think I really gotta use it. Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing job, Nanne .. I would never have guessed that you use d Lori's Garden on this one! Incredible page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully detailed page Nanné. The colours are perfect. I love the hat - from Pooh and friends you say - perfect.... Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love everything about this page -the colors, the design, all of the cool die cuts...have I told you I love this? Ha. One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen about it being Friday! Your LO is so pretty Nanne. I LOVE blue and brown together..one of my favorite color combos. Very clever what you have done with the scarf. I really need to start looking at my carts better..never knew about hat hat. You always utilize your cuts so well. Thank you so much for allowing me to sponsor your challenge blog this month! I can't wait to play along with you gals:) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE it Nanne (as always!) I love Blue and Brown together, one of my favs! And I too think it was Very clever of you to "wrap" it around the mat! And I would have never guessed that you printed the papers from Lori's garden, thanks for sharing that info!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. This REALLY REALLY REALLY is an AWESOME page!
    And even BETTER by seeing someone actually use their Imagine
    (ahem, me? maybe?) LOL!
    Again, the BEST choices for cuts and its all amazing..

    LOVED THIS ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!!! I can't believe you used white paper!!!!! This is amazing! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete