January 23, 2012

Valentine's Day cards-DT for YMH

Happy Monday ladies...
 I'm here to share with you a few Valentine's day cards I created as my Design Team project for Your Memories Here this week.. 
I got this cute Prima 6x6 stack called Sparkling Spring 

and I loved the soft flowery and spotted prints that were in there.. I wanted to create a few quick and simple cards and since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I figured no better subject than that..LOL

so, here are my cards:

This was the first card I made. .Using the pinks and greens from the collection.. Hand made the rosette by cutting two strips of paper measuring 1.5" x 6", then using my paper trimmer and bone folder, I creased it every half an inch.. then used really strong adhesive to hold the ends together and easily was able to create a cute rosette..
for a few close ups:

did some computer generated journaling, which I then hand cut into little banners.. MS punch for the butterflies and liquid pearl drops..

and then for second card.. I used the same paper collection which is the Prima Sparkling Spring 6x6 stack.. I'm telling ya, I'm going to be creating a lot of cute little projects with this stack, cause its packed with paper..
For this one, I used the greens and dark pinks.. plus some of the flower prints..  Distressed the edges and made another rosette to match.. this time cutting three strips of paper instead of the two, I prefer this rosette better, folded a lot easier as well :)

for a few close ups:
I inked the edges with distress ink and punched a few circles for the center.. adding some liquid pearl to accent..
Another computer generated sentiment, which I once again just hand cut onto strips of scraps I left over from the other card.. plus I punched a few butterflies and the lace trim..

for supplies used on these two projects:


from my own stash:
white cardstock, cuttlebug and embossing folders, liquid pearl and MS punches

well ladies.. thats my Monday project for you.. hope these cards inspired you to make some of your own. 
I want to thank you all so much for stopping by today and having a look at what I've created..

Hope everyone has a scrap-tastic week..
Hugs

2 comments:

  1. nanne... your cards are beautiful! I love the pleated flowers and the banner and the flags and of course the butterflies!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors!!! Love the distressing and inking!!!

    ReplyDelete