The idea popped into my head one day watching the OverHaullin show on the Discovery channel with my boys.. They love that show by the way and my son got a kick out of this layout.. Best part is that even my hubby, who doesn't really care about my layouts, liked it and was very curious and impressed to where the idea came from... :O)
Here are a few close ups of the details and cuts that I used from the sketch.
My son Aaron.. how cute he was back at the gentle age of 2.. I miss those days so much..
I'm in love with Goofy.. He is just the cutest of all the Disney characters.. He reminds me of my younger son who is too tall for his age.. I think I will start using him more often on my layouts..LOL
The car.. its also from the Mickey and Friends cartridge..
and so is the gas station..
and finally a close up of the title.. I got the logo idea from the show.. I used the George and Basic shapes cartridge for the logo and Dreams come true for the oil splats....
- Cricut Cartridge: Mickey and Friends (building, car and goofy)
- Cricut cartridge: George and Basic Shapes (logo)
- Cricut cartridge: Dreams Come True (oil splats)
- cricut cartridge: font-can't remember, will add when i remember..LOL
- cricut cartridge: storybook (marquee for hand journaling)
- papers: K&Co Small Wonders by Brenda Walton
- Cardstock: Light blue, dark blue, red, white, black and yello
- pop dots
- stickles: red, green, black and light blue(small detail, hard to see in the photos)
- zig pen: hand doodling on edges