March 5, 2012

Mini in the Making- DT for YMH

Spring is in the air and I got a mini album started..LOL  I've decided to not show you the whole mini, but one page at a time.. kind of like a teaser in a way, its because I'm going to take is slow with this mini and actually put a lot of heart into the making of it, so this is the only page I have done so far..  You'll get an other sneak peek next Monday .
So, I decided to get this 8x8 Windsor stack by S.E.I (its on sale) cause I love the color purple.. I had no idea what was in store for me,  but once I got a good look at this paper collection, I fell in love.. OMG! the embossing on all of these papers and the amazing colors.. 
As soon as I flipped through it, I knew I had to make a mini album with it..  Even though the papers measure 8x8, I decided to go with a 5 x 7..   I had run out of chipboard, so grabbed a few empty cereal boxes that I had been saving and cut those down to size.. Some grey cardstock for the base, inked the edges with black distress ink and then started cutting and layering the Windsor papers.. 
Here is the first two pages of my mini:

for some of close ups of the mini :


The photos are of my daughter Amber back in 2007 while we were on vacation in Iowa.. we had a small kitchen in out hotel room and I made us a big breakfast every morning.. This photo is of her eating pancakes..She loves them by the way and always puts a smile on her face..

I decided to stick with the purple colors and grabbed some these Purple Prima Hydrangeas and then purple mini roses.. I found some tiny button brads in my stash and thought they would make a cute center for them..
Then added some leaves, gold ribbon and made swirls out of purple wire that I also found in my stash..LOL

I used my MS edge punch to make some decorative photo corners, stamped the title and then added some drops of Purple Stickles for a finishing touch to corners and to the centers of the stamped flowers.
I also added some punched butterflies, which I punched out of the papers, making sure I got lots of details onto them from the papers and then added some Prima Say it In Crystals to the centers of the butterflies.

I decided to add a hand made transparency tag to the middle of the two pages.. stamped it and added a photo mat to the middle.. I just have to rummage through these photos I plan on using and find just the right one to add to this tag.. I had to put it on the white cardstock so you could see the details..LOL
finally some white binder rings and large purple eyelets and were all set..

wow!! that was a lot of work, but so well worth it at the end and I cant' wait to start on another page.. 
I want to thank you all so much for stopping by today and checking out what I created as my design project for Your Memories Here..
I hope everyone has a wonderfully Scrap Happy Week..
hugs
 
  Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This album is going to be so gorgeous! I love the start to it and can't wait to see the rest of the pages now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... what a beautiful project, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! Love all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is gorgeous so far. I really like the way you are accenting it with those purple flowers. They are so pretty. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete