October 29, 2018

Halloween themed tag-CEreveal

Happy Halloween fellow crafters.. I'm here to share an "Eerie!" Halloween themed tag I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments, using some of the "fang-tastic" chippies from the Creative Embellishment store :)  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I absolutely love creating spooky yet fun crafty things, whether it be cards, scrapbook pages or even large tags.  So, with that said, here is what I created for todays design team reveal:

I had a lot of fun playing using different medias on my tag.. I started off by adding some texture paste webbing, then distress inking the edges, adding some stamping using the "distressed script and then the crackle stamps!"  tore up some papers, distressing the edges of them  to create an "old" look to my tag.


I used some Distress Oxides to color my jack-O-lanterns, gluing some black cardstock to the backs, adding some grass to my background  and I painted my treat bag with white paint because I wanted it to stand out of my scene.. I also felt like the bottom of my tag was missing something, so I used one of the mesh pieces, cutting it in half and it ended up looking like a rickety fence . "high-fived" myself for that one..LOL


I love this lamp post and it was a perfect element for my spooky tag along with these creepy trees. I ended up cutting one of the trees in half so I could use both halves on the sides of the tag and when I was looking at my almost finished tag, I felt like it needed a little something so added the branch to the top and then the word Eerie, which I painted  both black and then wrapped some spider webbing around my tag, which ended up being a great touch of detail,  definitely giving me that  "creepy" element I wanted for my tag.

and there is my large Halloween themed tag I created.. so much fun to create and you can as well, super easy.
Till next time..
Hugs
Nanné

P.s. Here are the chipboard elements and stamps I used to create my tag.  
 
  Mesh Pieces (mesh pieces)
 
Distressed Script Stamp (Rubber Stamp Distressed Script)
  Distressed Crackle Stamp (Rubber Stamp Crackle)

No comments:

Post a Comment