July 1, 2016

Freedom-CE July Creative Embellishments

Hi fellow scrappers..

I'm here today to share my very first project as a new member for the Creative Embellishments design team..  I am so super excited that I have been one of the chosen new team members and to start off July, we have a wonderful photo inspiration challenge for you..

Here is the layout I created for our challenge: 

Our family was lucky enough to get to spend the 4th of July with family up in Dubuque, Iowa one year and watch the air show and fire works.. 

and here is the photo we were inspired by:
plus, theirs a little twist to the challenge and for the month of July, it is to use Stars..

I really wanted to play with some of the mixed media goodies I've been holding onto and decided to just have fun with the chipboards I used, I decided to go with the Star frames and then the chicken wire panel, which I cut up into a few pieces. 

The large star frame I covered with modeling paste and then added some color to it using Gelato's (by Faber-Castell) in red, black and brown.. adding some white paint for highlights.
The banner I cut out of cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo electronic die cutter

I added some glossy accents to the centers of the chicken wire paneling and then put some micro beads in them in blue and red. 

The blue stars are also created using modeling paste, Gelato's (by Faber-Castell) and white paint.

The title on the bottom is just cardstock that I cut with my Cameo, stacking it in a few layers to give it depth. 

Love the look of texture paint and Gelato's together :) 

Here are the products I used to create my layout:

  

Chicken Wire Panel (Panels Chicken Wire)

and remember theirs 50 reasons why you want to join our monthly challenge :)


Thanks for stopping by today and do stop by Creative Embellishments blog to check the amazing projects the design team have created for this months challenge..

Hugs
Nanné

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your design team appointment, how cool! I love the gorgeous colours and textures of your mixed media layout.

    ReplyDelete