May 12, 2015

Aged to perfection-CDD

Hi fellow crafters..
I'm here today to share a card I created using the "Bring on the Cake" stamp set as my design team project for Craftin Desert Diva's stamps.  
I've been wanting to create a masculine birthday card for a while now, since my hubby has a birthday coming up soon and got the idea of the crate of wine from the sentiment "Aged to Perfection!"..LOL  
Here is what I created:


Once I had the card designed, it needed a little something and so, I grabbed one of the bottles from crate, stamped the HB 2U on it and using foam tape, stuck it to the front of the crate.. I also grabbed my bottle of Matte accents and added some to the caps of the bottles, for effect.. 
Now it looks good..LOL

all of the die cuts were attached using foam tape..
 It has lots of yummy layers on the card..

I  grabbed some distress spray (brushed pewter) I had bought recently and was able to make my cardstock chain look like metal and that made my hanging wooden sign look great on the crate front..
I really wanted to create a kind of distressed look to my card :)

Here is the stamp set I used:
and you can buy it HERE

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look at my card today..
Hugs
Nanné

8 comments:

  1. OMGOSH Nanne!!! This is so cool & just so crafty!!! I simply LOVE it and I know your hubby will too when he see's it!!! :) Have a Great day!

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow well done...I love the bottles - Please where did you get the cut file or stamp for the bottles and the crate? Please how did you make the crate? My brother in law is so into wine it would be a given for his next card! love it....you are so clever to think and do this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all of the images I cut with my Silhouette Cameo and can be found in the SIL store.. the crate comes with milk cartons in it, but you can use it without :)
      hugs
      Nanné

      Delete
    2. Thank you Nanne for that info....I use a different machine....so the silhouette files won't suit....never mind I will keep my eye out for something similar elsewhere...just love the way you adapted files to what you were making....very clever....thank you again...

      Delete
  3. I saw you featured on Cindy Groh's Manly Monday alongside me! lol I love this! Such a clever idea for a card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the creativity in your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!

    greetings from germany, hippe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. My boyfriend would really like this card.

    ReplyDelete