August 23, 2012

Theme Day Thursday- Grown with Love



Thanks for stopping by today fellow scrappers..  
Since its Thursday, I get to share another die cut project with you and this week we were asked to use an APPLE or FRUIT 
on our projects.. I decided to use Apples on my layout.. 
I love the apples on the Doodlecharms cartridge, its actually the very first image cartridge I ever bought and still one of my all time favorites..
with that said, here is my project:
The photo is a little fuzzy cause I took it outside and the light didn't want to cooperate..I apologize for that :)

I will walk you through how I created this layout, its a lot simpler than you might think and don't be intimidated by small details or lots of die cuts, they really are easier than you think.. 

I started off by designing this layout using CCR..
I saved an image of my actual design on the virtual mat looks pretty close to the actual layout..LOL
I love using CCR.  
Its a great tool to help with the sizes of cuts you want to use, what colors and their placement.  The only change I made was the background paper :) I preferred the one with apples on it..

so, lets get to creating shall we:
After I printed and attached the background papers, 
I started off with the large scalloped circle in red, cutting it at 10.5" using the Bloom Cartridge.. The white and yellow circles are on George and Basic Shapes, which are cut at 9.5" and 9".. Then I cut the trees, which are on the Pooh & Friends cartridge, at 6"


The Apples are on the Doodlcharms cartridge, they were all cut at 2" and the acorns are on the Create-a-Critter cartridge and  were cut at 3"
The flowers are from the Home Decor cartridge, cut shadow and at 3" in white, I added some pink chalk to the middles and then dotted with a black marker..  The leaves are on Home Accents and they were also cut shadow at 1", which I chalked in green..


The basket is also located on the Doodlcharms cartridge and I cut that at 2.5"
I attached the basket with foam take, making it easy to tuck some of the apples underneath it.


The marquee is on the Create-a-Critter cartridge in phrases..who knew right?..LOL 
I cut it at 3", it has a little heart cut out on the bottom corner, but I covered it with the apple :)
The title is from Pooh Font set.. The smaller title is cut at 1.25" and the work love is cut at 1.5"..
Finally I cut Tigger at 2.25" and placed him last..

and finally once everything was attached to my layout , I grabbed my white marker pen and started adding details here and there.. super quick and super simple :)

for supplies used:

Cricut Craft room design software (free)
Cricut Imagine for printing and cutting
Cricut Imagine cartridge: Kate's Kitchen

regular cartridges:

Doodlcharms:
Apples & Basket

Create-a-Critter:
Acorns and Marquee

Home Decor:
Flowers

Home Accents:
Leaves

Pooh & Friends:
Trees and Tigger

Pooh font set:
Title

papers: White cardstock
White marker 
foam dots
Zig two way glue pen

alright then ladies.. That's my project for today's Theme Day Thursday post.. I want to thank you all so much for stopping by today and do stop by My Cricut Craft Room blog and see what else our fabulous design team has created for this week..


10 comments:

  1. Nanne, I love love love it, fantastic job, love all the elements of it!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous as usual. You are so very talented.

    Melissa, MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is wonderful! Love all of the cuts and details!!!

    Hugs,
    HL
    MCCR DT SIS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed with your use of CCR, it totally amazes me that your layout came out almost exactly identical to the LO in CCR. WOW! I definitely don't use CCR to its full potential.
    Ok so that being said, I'm also totally amazed at your LO, what detail, WOW! I now know who to ask when Im having scrapbooking trouble ;)
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    My Cricut Craft Room DTM
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanne this layout is AMAZING! I love how all the elements tie together to make one beautiful layout! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your layout so darling and those babies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so did not know you could really create layouts like this on CCR and than do your cutting..will have to explore. Such a beautiful layout.

    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout. Love the detail!
    Lisa
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is amazing!! Beautiful:)
    MCCR DT Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make it sound so simple! It is absolutely adorable. Its just like looking into a Pooh book! I love it! I wish I knew how to doodle like you do! It gves your page a finished look!!

    Jodie R
    MCCR DT

    ReplyDelete