February 6, 2012

Prima Inspired Tag- DT post

Happy Monday fellow scrappers..
I've always admired the hand made tags  that I've seen so  many wonderfully talented crafters create and for my Design Team project, I decided to give one a try..
 I grabbed some of these AMAZING papers by S.E.I Windsor papers ..
 I chose the brown and cream cardstock (that came in the collection) and the gold embossed papers, which is OMG, Gorgeous!!

Here is my tag:

I called this Prima inspired cause I added some of the Prima Camille roses, Mini roses and the Prima Lace trim, which I actually misted a short piece with Tattered Angels Glimmer mist in a brown.. but you could make this any color to own liking.. I think a nice soft pink one is the next tag on my list..LOL


I cut a plain piece of cardboard about 4"x6" and then started ripping at the corners and edges to try to reveal some of corrugating on the inside.. once I had done, I grabbed some Ranger paint dabbers and distress inks and just randomly started applying coats of colors to the sides and edges of the tag..
Once it had dried with a little help from my heating tool, I glued down the papers..



Here you can see the two different shades on the prima trim,  the brown one has been glimmer misted and then I used Helmers Gemstone glue to glue down the string of pearl.. I love that gemstone glue, its the best stuff when it comes to gluing down trim like pearls for instance.. dries absolutely clear!!


I took the cream colored cardtock and ran it through my cuttlebug with one of Tim Holtz embossing folders, it has clocks on it.. which I then rubbed some distress over it and then with my fingers, rubbed in some gold paint..  My mini roses were also rubbed down with some gold paint..


and finally my birdcage, which I cut out of white cardstock using my cricut Imagine.. I then painted it with gold paint, added a few drops of gold colored liquid pearl.. I also placed a piece of that gold embossed paper behind the birdcage, you can really see how beautiful that paper really is..
I attached the birdcage with Zap (foam) dots just so that it had some dimension to it..
last bit, I took some Prima leaves and rubbed those with gold paint and then adhered them to the tag, tucking them behind the flowers.. plus, I can't forget that I added a Prima button that came in my grab bag that I got from Kristina..

well ladies.. That's my Monday post this week.. I want to thank you all so much for stopping by and checking out what I've created as my Design Team project for Your Memories Here.
and don't forget.. Kristina over at Your Memories Here is taking Pre-orders for the new Prima line grab bags.. You have to check that out cause there are 6 different collections and all of them are Gorgeous..
I already put my order in..LOL
Hope everyone has a scraptastic week..
hugs

5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous. love all the details, beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! this is a very special tag- like a work of art! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tag, Nanne .. I am a sucker for tags! And this one is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just drop-dead gorgeous, Nanne! OMG, LOVE the gold!

    ReplyDelete