August 20, 2018

Under the Sea reverse canvas

Hi fellow crafters..
I'm here to share a fun 8x8 reverse canvas I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments and that was inspired by my little grand daughter who loves watching The Little Mermaid and her favorite song, that always gets her attention is "Under The Sea!" and I had a lot of fun using some of the fun sea themed chippies.
Here is what I created:
I added lots of little details and lots of different medias to my canvas.  the bottom of the canvas to look like sand, I used some Snowflake pasty by Finnabear, I allowed it to dry and then sprayed it with different tones of brown mists.. adding some small art stones, dry brushing them with white paint.
I glued down a Prima mould element and then got a small flower cluster going.  For the big Round Ships Windows, I painted it using Distress Oxides and then black distress ink on the edges.. glued down some flat back pearls, which I then dry brushed them with white paint.
My octopus was a lot of fun to color.. I gesso'ed him first, then rubbed him with Fired Brick and Wild Honey distress oxides, keeping lighter areas, then for final touch of detail, I added some brown paint drops with Studio paint and then rubbed the top with Prima Wax in Vintage Silk.  My little bottles, I rubbed those with distress oxides as well and then added Vintage Silk wax. Glued down some Art Stones (to look like barnacles) and finally added some glass beads in copper.
For my cute little mermaid, I glued some gold flakes to her pretty tail.
For this octopus, I pretty much did the same technique, just used a few different colors of Distress Oxides.
This canvas was a little bit of work, but so well worth it at the end.. Lots of little details, but those are the best ones to create :)
Thank you so much for stopping by today and checking out my design team project.
Till next time
Hugs
p.s. here at the chippies I used to create my canvas:  

No comments:

Post a Comment