October 25, 2017

Spook-tacular wall art -CE daily

Hi fellow crafters..
I'm here to share a spook-tacular wall art frame I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments, from an old frame I had found at a thrift store for a couple of bucks..
I think it measures about 6" x 15" and I had a blast covering the whole thing with lots of Halloween themed goodies..
Here is what I created:
I started my project by painting the frame black and then rubbing some silver inka-gold paint on it to get that higher bits to pop..
then created the background using cheese cloth and several stencils, texture paste and sprays.. I also used lots of the Lindy's pigment powders.
How about lots of close ups and some details:
Here you can see all of that fun texture the cheese cloth created..
I  added a flourish to top corner of the frame along with that light and spider.. Funny how the spiders tend to come out of hiding during Halloween :)   I  also added lots of purple micro beads and some art stones,which I then sprayed with turquoise spray.
for the bottom of the frame, I added lost of flowers, spider webbing, pumpkin and spiders..
Some of the spiders I covered with 3D gloss gel and the covered it with micro beads..
This is my favorite spider.. I added some of the art stones to look like spider eggs.. Super creepy..LOL
and that is my creepy Halloween themed re-purposed frame, which I had so much fun creating.. Looks like a lot of work but it was really super simple.. just adding layers and colors :)
Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my project..
Till next time
Hugs
Nanné
p.s.  Here are the chippies I used to create my project:
Spider Web Corner Set (spider web corners)


          
                Spiders
                             
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment