October 26, 2012

Winter Wonderland-Sketch Challenge SOUS

Hello fellow scrappers!! 
 Its another sketch reveal for us girls over at S.O.US and this weeks sketch was designed by me..  Although, its focused on Halloween, I decided to make a winter layout with it instead.. Here in Finland we dont' really celebrate Halloween as I've said before, so I decided to play with my Imagine and the Mr.Frosty background cartridge that I got as a gift from Margie.. She was such a sweety for sharing it with me.. 

Here is the sketch:


so, here is my take on our sketch:


I had so much fun playing with methods and techniques I haven't done in a long time.. 
The prints and colors ( I love pink) are all printed on white cardstock using the Mr.Frosty background cartridge..
I did some heat embossing on the stamped flourish as well..
 love that technique, one of my all time fav's..

How about a few close ups and some details:
The title is from the Winter Woodland cartridge as are the birds..
I cut the shadow in a light tan and then the basic image in cream.. I've inked all of the edges of the shadow cuts with a light brown ink.. Added a bunch of pearl drops with liquid pearls and then added some faux snow using Snow Tex.

The deer and trees are on the Christmas cartridge, the little bunny is on the Winter Woodland cartridge.. I used a martha stewart edge punch for the trim around the marquee and the little strip on the photo mat.. added faux snow to the trees and lamp post using Snow Tex.

I love how the snow effect gave this layout a great winter feel.. The lamp post is on the Christmas cartridge..
The pink snow flake background paper can be found on the Imagines Mr.Frosty cartridge..

All of the little white roses are prima and the twigs are a Martha Stewart punch.. I added some white liquid pearls to the centers of the tiny roses for some shimmer.. They look great in person!!



for supplies used:

Cricut Craftroom for design
Cricut Imagine

Imagine cartridge:  
Mr Frosty

Regular Cricut cartridges:

Winter Woodland:
Bunny, birds and title

Christmas:
Lamp post, deer, trees and snow flakes

Song Bird:
Marquee

Martha Stewart punches:
Twig and edge punches

white cardstock
white liquid pearls
Inks
Pearls
tiny roses by Prima
foam tape

well fellow scrappers.. That's my Friday post for this week.. I want to thank you all so much for stopping by today and taking a look at what I've created..  Do stop by S.O.U.S and check out what the rest of our amazing designers have created for you  and if you feel inspired to created  a project with this sketch, do submit to our link so we can all come and check it out..
I hope everyone has a scrap-tastic week
Hugs

11 comments:

  1. I love it !!!!! all that fantastic work creates a terrific Christmas LO !! hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so beautifully done, gf! You do Winter like no one else I know!!! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so pretty! Your layout is exactly what a winter wonderland should look like.......love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Nanne' and some of my favorite cuts! I just love that deer! Did a similar layout years ago and still have not put photos on it yet! Love your little details they certainly finish off your layouts beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful, Nanne! I love all the punch work and your die cuts are amazing! One of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cuts look fantastic! I love how you've embellished them! I just bought some embossing powder! I'm going to figure out how to use it one of these days! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Nanne, this is beautiful - I love the pink, it is so unique, and so perfectly winter. All the details are perfect, and I love the Snow Tex, need to look out for that... Stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is soooooo amazing the colors just are PERFECT...YUMMY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Awesome! I love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very beautiful Nanne...love every detail!It has been a pleasure and honor being part of this team...Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete