September 14, 2017

Travel Journal for CE daily

Hi ladies and gents :) 
 I'm here to share a little travel journal I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments. Its to Journal and add photos from our trip to Sweden a few weeks back..  I like to recycle packaging from items I've bought instead of throwing them away.. I mean free cardboard is free cardboard :)..

So, for my journal which measures about 4x6, I used recycled cardboard, a few envelopes, some sewing pattern paper, sheets of advertisements,  brown lunch bags and the papers are by Prima.. using a 6x6 paper stack for small projects is awesome.. I also used some washi tape and lots of stamps..
Here is what I created:
I used two of the large film strip photo frames on the cover and I also did some fussy cutting..
I loved the hot air balloons on the paper and wanted those on my cover :) ...
I covered my cardboard using Prima's Cartographer paper pad then colored my chipboard elements using Archival ink pad in black. it was super easy to rub the ink onto the chipboard, which I the rubbed some gold Inka-Gold paint on the surface to age the chipboard..
I'm totally in love with this nautical compass. looks great on the cover of a travel journal :)
I added lots of pages to my journal, along with some pockets and envelopes ( to hold receipts, tickets, boarding passes etc)
 
 Because this is such a small book, I can't add too much bulk on the inside.. I actually had to tear out some of the pages, cause they would not fit..LOL  for detail, I used the distressed script stamp on the background of my paper bags, love how it ended up looking.. Then I added a lot of washi tape, around pages to support the edges and then used some thinner washi to hold down my photos, which I attached to black cardstock and then journaled on with a white gel pen..
I still have lots of photos to add to my journal along with lots of text.. I printed these photos myself on my home printer, but I think I'd prefer to have professional photos instead :)
and there you have my little travel journal.. It was so much fun to create and I hope I have inspired you to create one of your own.. all you need are some small sheets of thick cardboard, papers of your choice and of course awesome chippies from the Creative Embellishments store :)..

Thank you for stopping by today and checking out my journal..

Till next time.. Hugs
Nanné
 
Here are the chipboard elements and stamp I used to create my journal:
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment