September 14, 2016

Grease Monkey junk journal-CE daily

Hi fellow crafters..
It's Nanne here to share a junk journal I created with some cardstock, chippies, paints and inks..    I have two boys who work for their dad as auto mechanics and I have lots of photos of them working with their dad at his shop the last 6 years or so..   When I seen that their were all of these gears and tires in the Creative Embellishment shop, I new I had to create a junk journal where I could keep their photos and then do some short journaling since I'm not a big journal person..  And because its for my guys, I was really trying to keep it masculine :) 
Here is what I created:
junkjournal
I was able to create lots of texture using different media for the background then added the pipe work chippies, Car parts (tires) and plate, plus I wanted a title for my junk journal, which was great using the basic alphabet chippies for that.. they were the perfect size..   My journal measures 5x7 and I added lots of white cardstock pages inside to hold photos and journaling..

junkjournal1
This is my oldest son Aaron giving me the goofy eye ..LOL  I also took a few of the screws and a gear attaching them to paper clips to add as page holders.. This way, I can always keep track of where I am in the journal.. All of the pages are full of photos of my boys, of their dad and the shop.. I have not journaled yet, I will sit down one day with a hot cup of coffee and just go at it and I will add some non bulky embellishments to the journal, since its a bit bulky as it is :)
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my junk journal of sorts :)
till next time
Hugs
Nanné

Here are the chippies I used to create my journal:
car_parts-800x800
pipe-works-543-800x800
basic-alphabet-303-800x800

No comments:

Post a Comment