April 16, 2012

Born to Create- DT project

Wow!! Monday already?..LOL
As many of you know, I don't usually scrap about myself.  But when I rummaged through my Prima papers that Kristina had sent, I found the North Country 6x6 stack and decided to pick my brain a little and I wanted to think outside of the box.. Yes, they are winter papers, but I decided to make a layout that wasn't so "winter" themed, just to show you how versatile some of these stacks really are..
I printed a photo of myself and since I love the color of Olive Green, it made putting together this bad boy super fun and easy..
This layout measures 12x12, but cutting up some of the smaller papers didn't leave me with many scraps to throw away..

So, Here is my layout:



and for a few close ups:
Lots of colors... 
which is so out of my comfort zone  LOL

Me with dark hair..LOL I prefer blonde

The corners I stamped a corner flourish using the North Country Stamp set.. I didn't use an ink pad, but brown paint from Rangers paint dabbers instead.. adding drops of white liquid pearl for accent..

the flowers are mostly all Prima's with a few exceptions that I found in my stash.. I don't normally add so many different colors, but with this layout I just couldn't help myself..LOL

and for the supplies used:


Other supplies used:
Martha Stewart around the page punch and butterfly punch, white liquid pearls, bakers twine and computer generated journaling..
All right then fellow scrappers.. That's my Monday post for this week.. I want to thank you all so much for stopping by today and checking out my layout.. do stop by Your Memories Here and check out the awesome selection of Prima goodies Kristina has to offer..
Hope everyone has a scrap-tastic week
Hugs
 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Of course, I love the assortment of colors in your flowers and the beautiful way you arranged them! Great idea with the corner stamps and the touch of pearls really adds to the whole effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful!!!! I love all the flowers and that you was thinking outside the box with wintery paper. Awesome job!!! You are a pretty lady... Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout, Nanne!!!! Love, love, love, the colors, the flower cluster is amazing and you do an amazing job with the liquid pearls!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Nanne! YOU are beautiful! I love the colors , they rock! NAND I love how you clustered all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course this makes me slightly fussy because when I see this photo it feels a bit "off" to me because when I think of you, it is always with a big ol' smile!
    But I do LOVE this picture of you...its the calm before the storm when you just realized your scrappy package hasn't arrived and your about to go ape shit! LOL! LOL!

    Ok whoa...enough of that!

    I LOVE this page! The great color combo of the floral embellishments and the..what is that, stamping? No! Yes? LOL!

    Wonderful my darling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm new to your blog, This page is beautiful. Hope to join a challenge some day. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Born to create is so apropos because honey, you sure were! Love this colors and great florals together. Love how you think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete